INGREDIENTS (SERVES 4 TO 6):
• 12 large white button mushrooms
• Cornstarch for dusting
• 250g shrimps
• 8 water chestnuts, chopped
• 3 slices ginger, minced
• 1 tablespoon dried shrimp, soaked and finely chopped
• 2 teaspoons chopped cilantro
• 1 egg white
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 2 teaspoons rice wine
• 1 teaspoon cornstarch
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon sugar
• ¼ teaspoon white pepper
• Shell, devein, and finely chop shrimps. Combine filling and marinade ingredients in a bowl; stir to coat. Let stand 10 minutes. Combine seasoning ingredients; set aside.
• Combine sauce ingredients in a small bowl; mix well.
• Separate stems from mushroom caps. Dust insides of mushroom caps with cornstarch; fill caps each with 1 to 2 tablespoons filling.
• Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil in a hot frying pan over low heat. Add mushroom caps in 2 batches, filling side down; cover and cook 5 to 6 minutes or until done.
• Garnish and serve.
Tip: Mushrooms are fresh if they are firm, plump, and free from bruises with no visible moisture on the outside. Avoid slimy or spotted mushrooms. For button mushrooms, the gills on the underside should be tightly closed.
Source: Prime Magazine Feb Issue 2016. Reproduced with permission.
The views, material and information presented by any third party are strictly the views of such third party. Without prejudice to any third party content or materials whatsoever are provided for information purposes and convenience only. Council For The Third Age shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising directly or indirectly howsoever in connection with or as a result of any person accessing or acting on any information contained in such content or materials. The presentation of such information by third parties on this Council For The Third Age website does not imply and shall not be construed as any representation, warranty, endorsement or verification by Council For The Third Age in respect of such content or materials.