W Cafe and Meal is a non-profit social enterprise employing Elderly Singaporean Women.
Located at Devan Nair Institute, W café was created with 2 humble missions:
- Providing meaningful jobs for Elderly Singaporean women;
- Selling delicious home cooked food at very affordable prices; for example: $2 per set (food and drink) for the public who visit Devan Nair Institute.
In W café, elders are respected as assets to the community. elderly Singaporeans are viewed from a strength-based perspective:
- Greater patience when interacting with community
- More understanding and thus can form better interpersonal relationships
- Better experience (especially in cooking good food)
- Better service and higher resilience
In order to meet the needs of the elderly and mantain productivity levels, automation is used to reduce manual work; such as self-payment machine and robot vacuum cleaner. In additon, friendly robots assist in the delivery of foods, carrying of heavy goods and the workflow is simplified; using steam oven and convention oven to prepare the food. Work-life balance is promoted with flexi time management for the job.
With simplified workflow and automation to reduce manual work, the elderly women have more time to prepare, cook and serve the customers happily. They can cook incredibly tasty fried rice and healthy nasi lemak all at affordable prices. The followings are a sample of our menu:
Special $2 set : (Most price friendly)
- Hotdog Bun set
- Dimsum set
- 3 in 1 set
- Loca delight set
- Cake set
# Drink choice: Coffee / Teh / Milo
Please visit the website for the full menu: https://yummywcafe.wixsite.com/wcafe